Monday, February 20, 2006

opportunity knocks

I have a job interview on Wednesday. For a job I really, really, really want if they're willing to pay me enough money to make up for the guilt I feel for leaving my babies at home in the care of someone other than me. Which, by the way, wasn't supposed to happen until this summer at the earliest, but preferably next Fall when most major baby milestones (sitting up, rolling over, standing, eating solid foods, the first teeth, and possibly even walking and first words) would have already happened on my watch and wouldn't be events I'd be hearing about second hand.

That said, as soon as I saw the posting for this job (which has a kick-ass title, by the way), I fired off a cover letter and sent off my resume before you could say "A Perfect Madness". And when I got a reply a mere 4 hours later saying they were "delighted" with my resume and would I come in for an interview next week, I put the boys in their bouncy chairs, told my husband to hold down the fort, and ran off to Ann Taylor to buy a new suit faster than you could say "nine months on, nine months off".

So, Wednesday is the day. Two more days to internally debate the whole working mom vs. stay at home mom thing. Two days to figure out how easily I'll be bought. I'll let you know how it goes.

6 Comments:

Anonymous amanda said...

Good luck!

6:54 AM  
Blogger spiller said...

Best of luck to you, amazing woman!My fingers will be tightly crossed on Wednesday.
And good luck with the internal debating...but you're a wonderful mother, no matter what.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Indigo Wolf said...

Good luck to you! Please let us know how it goes!

1:21 PM  
Blogger penelope said...

a woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do. I'm also going for a job interview on WEds and will be leaving my poor babe for the first time. I don't dare tell most of my friends because they wouldn't get it - but a better job for me is a better mom for my babe

good luck!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Hey there! Just checking in to see how you're doing. Haven't heard from you here in a while. I hope the boys are doing well, and that your work is going smoothly too.

I know this is kind of tacky, but I figure you're busy and would want to know that I just got the results from all the fertility testing my DH and I just went through, and hopefully we will be starting treatments soon. Stop by my blog to check out the details, if you're interested. Talk to you soon!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I'm delurking, and good luck.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home