Wednesday, January 04, 2006

three months old: a progress report.


Henry and Jack are three months old today. And they are about 56 times bigger than they were when I took that picture of them in their snowsuits. Okay, not quite. But they are growing.

Henry had a doctor's appointment this morning and his doctor was quite impressed with his size. He's now a whopping 10 pounds, 5 ounces and according to the little growth chart, that's right where a below-average baby should be at 3 months. He's finally on the charts! Prior to this visit, he didn't even make it to the below average line. And let's not even mention Jack's sub par performance in the growth department, except to say that it is sub par no longer.

Jack finally outgrew his preemie clothes a couple of weeks ago and both boys are
actually filling out their 0-3's. Henry will be ready to move on to 3-6's in a couple of weeks, I'm sure. But for now, I'm enjoying dressing them like twins for as long they're the same size.

Still no smiles other than the reflexive ones that make me crazy with anticipation for the days they'll grin on purpose. But they look around and fixate on stuff: my face, their mobile, stuffed animals, each other. And they grab on tight to things and don't want to let go: my face, stuffed animals, each other.

Henry has learned to sleep for 6 or 7 hours at a time during the night and I am anxiously awaiting the day that Jack decides to join him in the land of nod. Until then, I should be grateful that they both nap well and that Jack only wakes once at around 4 am during the nights.

I fall in love with these little guys a little more each day. Who knew I could love them this much?
The smell of their little heads gets me each time. I want to bottle that scent and carry it with me always.

2 Comments:

Anonymous amanda said...

I was just thinking about you. I'm glad you posted. I'm so very glad things are going well with you and the boys.

10:19 AM  
Blogger liz said...

What Amanda said.

The top of a baby's head is definitely the best aroma in the world.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home