Thursday, January 12, 2006

grounds for divorce?

Over the past few nights, my husband has taken to kicking me in the middle of the night when one of the babies starts fussing to be fed. I called him on it this morning and he denied it. I graciously allowed that maybe he did it subconsciously in his sleep. And then? He said no, that wasn't possible because he was actually awake this morning and wanted to kick me, but didn't. Just lay there pretending to be asleep to see how long it would take me to attend to hungry little Jack.

Arrrrrgh!

Would it really kill him to feed a baby in the middle of the night? I mean, really. Isn't that why God invented bottles and formula?

2 Comments:

Blogger Indigo Wolf said...

My husband better not do that to me. I'm better at pretending to be asleep. hee hee.

11:48 AM  
Blogger liz said...

The phrase I believe you're looking for is: "I carried them INSIDE ME, you can't get up to give them a bottle? And if you ever kick me again, I will kick you back harder. AND I WILL PLACE THAT KICK CAREFULLY!"

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home