Friday, October 21, 2005

progress

Last night when I went to the NICU to visit the boys, Henry was out of his isolette and in a bassinet! At first I didn't even realize that he was my baby. Thought maybe they had moved him to another part of the room. But the nurse on duty assured me that the bundle in the bassinet was indeed Henry and told me that he's "moving up". Music to my ears.

I think he'll be coming home soon. "Soon" being a relative term meaning sometime before Thanksgiving. But the evidence is this: He's already 4 lbs 3 oz. He's on full feeds (38 ccs of milk every 3 hours). I was taught how to give him a sponge bath last night (trickier than it looks). On Monday, he's going to start nippling (learning to drink from a bottle and a breast). And he's out of that damned isolette!

I unplugged all of his monitor wires and carried him over to Jack's isolette and the 3 of us just sat and chit chatted for a couple of hours. Heaven!

So now little Jack needs to take a cue from his big brother so that he can get on the road to coming home too. Oooh, I can't wait!

5 Comments:

Blogger Indigo Wolf said...

Oh good!!! I'm so glad. Here's to your boys being home sooner than thanksgiving.

10:18 AM  
Blogger liz said...

Congratulations! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an early homecoming.

2:27 PM  
Blogger spiller said...

Three cheers for Henry!
And gooooooooo, Jack!

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I don't pay attention for a few weeks, and look what happens! Congratulations on all fronts!

Julia
Uncommon Misconception

2:49 PM  
Blogger April said...

How incredibly wonderful! So happy to hear your good news.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home