Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Baby A loves Haagen Dasz (just like his mommy)

I had an ultrasound yesterday. A full anatomical scan of both babies. In addition to seeing each of their 10 perfect fingers and toes, their 4 chamber hearts, their stomachs and gallbladders, kidneys, and umbilical cords, we also learned that Baby A can kick Baby B's ass.

Baby A measured a whopping 2 pounds 6 ounces. And despite the fact that I was only 26 weeks, 3 days at the scan, he looked as though he was a full week older than that. Quite mature for his age, that Baby A.

In the other corner, Baby B weighed in at (a not too shabby) 1 pound 15 ounces. His brother was kicking him in the head- laughing all the while (or so it appeared to us. His mouth was wide open and I swear it looked like he had a smile on his face.)

Both the doctor and the ultrasound technician assured us that both babies are within normal size limits for their gestational age- and that their organs and skeletons look good.

I'm just wondering if there's a way I can make an express delivery of McDonald's fries and a chocolate cone from Mr. Softie straight to little Baby B. I'd like him to have a fighting chance against his big brother.

8 Comments:

Blogger spiller said...

Exciting!
Hopefully Baby B's just biding his time and he's going to go for a last minute growth spurt and really wow you all...

6:34 AM  
Blogger cmhl said...

how exciting!!!! I am coming out of lurking mode to say congratulations!

7:25 AM  
Blogger liz said...

Send him an Sausage McMuffin with Egg while you're at it. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, after all!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Galloping Cats said...

Don't worry, Baby B might be wilier!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Indigo Wolf said...

Yay! I think Baby B will outsmart his tough-guy brother ;o)

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hi. It's great hearing from you so often these days! The babies sound like they're doing GREAT, and I'm so happy for you!

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As many links as you want!

11:00 PM  
Blogger WDM Info Services said...

I like your blog, I found it looking for mom blog. Could you add it to my favourite blog directory please. It has lots of blogs relating to mom blog

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home