Friday, August 26, 2005

sooooo big

I have officially outgrown my maternity clothes. The t-shirts ride up over my big belly. The pants with panels squeeze me too tight and the ones without creep down inch by inch with every step I take. Only my beloved LARGE yoga pants that fell off me when I got them at week 11 still fit. But for how long? For how long?

According to the scale at my doctor's office, I weigh a whopping 185 pounds. That's quite a bit more than where I started out. And the scary part is I have 3 more months to go. I'm not sure what I'll wear or how I'll haul my big ass and even bigger belly around. It's exhausting.

I did do a little shopping today. I had to. I can't wear those yoga pants every day (though I do wear them almost that often) and I nearly suffocated myself wearing my LARGE (but really too small) jeans yesterday. So, I caved in and bought a skirt and a pair of pants that actually fit and feel comfortable (for now). And that I think can work for both Summer and Fall as long as I can fit into them.

I really hope these boys are as big as my tummy would have me believe. They're certainly active. Wish my husband was here to see them poking my belly from the inside with their little feet, fists, elbows. It's amazing to watch.

I just I hope I don't pop.

9 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

You won't pop. There are maternity clothes for moms expecting twins, have you found any where you're shopping? You may have to go on-line because, while Park Slope is perfect in many respects, it does have a dearth of maternity stores.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Indigo Wolf said...

I'm so thrilled to hear from you again! Moving back to the states is certainly a good excuse for not having time to catch up on the blog, though. Boys! OMG! That's awesome. Good luck with the maternity clothing shopping. :o)

2:24 PM  
Blogger Jen Gonzalez said...

I just found out I am having twins..I am only two months along and already my belly has grown! After reading this, I'm scared!! ;)
lol!

7:03 AM  
Anonymous leslie said...

great news to hear you're doing well!

4:48 PM  
Blogger spiller said...

So glad you're back!!!
And buy nice clothes if you need 'em, I'm sure you can find other pregnant ladies to pass them on to when you're back to your svelte self again.

Did you get a coffee table yet?

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am wiser on this subject now that I've read your blog.marshall fields online shopping More info here marshall fields online shopping

12:30 PM  
Blogger answer-man said...

*clothes shopping**

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a christmas gift site/blog. It pretty much covers gift ideas for christmas related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about infertility insurance and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about infertility insurance so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by infertility insurance

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home