Wednesday, May 18, 2005

10w4d

I am ti-red. So ti-red. I knew to expect fatigue once I got pregnant, but nothing like this. And so I haven't been blogging in a while. Am just too damn exhausted by the time I get home from work and walk the dog and check my e-mail. That, and I don't really have anything all that interesting to report.

I'm not complaining here, just stating the facts. In addition to feeling half-dead all day and every day no matter how much sleep I get the night before, I am also sporting a tummy. My friends who know that I am pregnant assure me that it looks like baby. I'm not as convinced. I think I just look fat. And if I do, it wouldn't be all that surprising- despite the fact that I am quite queasy most days, I am also quite famished and so I eat, eat, eat my way through my days. Miraculously, I've only gained 2 kilos so far (that's 4.4 pounds). Though my doctor did threaten to put me on a diet at my next visit if I didn't slow down. She seemed to think I'd gained 4 kilos in 8 weeks. Impossible and not true. She never took my baseline weight and went by what I told her. My scale says that I gained 2 kilos and I'm sticking with that story. So there.

Still, my pants don't lie and they are t-i-g-h-t! Thank goodness the maternity clothes I ordered are en route to Mexico as we speak (via my husband who is in the States on business). They arrive tonight and not a moment too soon.

The next OB visit is in 3 weeks. On June 4th. I'm hoping that we'll be able to hear the babies' heartbeats on the doppler by then. All we could hear at the last visit was the placenta.

It's strange to say this, but I do miss the constant trips and contact with my RE's office. I feel so on my own now- monthly visits. What if something goes wrong in between now and then and I don't even realize it? That is my worst nightmare.

But I am trying to stay sane and get ready for these babies. Did I already mention I think that it's a girl and a boy? Won't know anything until that magical ultrasound, of course. But I do have this hunch. I can't wait until we know for sure.

10 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

I was absolutely exhausted for the first 3 months. Then I got bursts of energy during 2nd trimester. Then I started getting so huge, all I could do is waddle along and sleep. Warning: I went through about 3 sizes of maternity clothes, and I only gained 38 lbs.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Galloping Cats said...

Not crazy at all to miss the contact with the RE. I made my OB see me every single week through week 12. The only reason we've slowed down now is my home doppler! People tell me that it will make me insane, but I don't understand how hearing the baby's heartbeat every night could do anything but make me SANE. Anyway, $24/month from www.babybeat.com if you're interested. I'd pay 10x that for the peace of mind it provides!

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't emphasize enough that you WANT to gain weight and FAST! Twins tend to come earlier than singletons and you want them to be as big as possible. There's a great book called When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets or Quads: Proven Guildlines for a Healthy Multiple Pregnancy by Barbara Luke and Tamara Eberlein. The Amazon link is here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060542683/qid=1116531195/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-1628418-3771024?v=glance&s=books

Anyway, they did a huge study at the University of Michigan and combined that research with other studies and came up with very appropriate guidelines for a twin pregnancy. I loved this book and found it very useful and informative.

And yes, the first trimester is definitey exhausting and my husband tells me (now) that I was showing around 10 weeks. I thought I was being stealthy by not telling anyone until 14 weeks, but apparently not!

Linda
http://indigogirl.typepad.com

12:37 PM  
Blogger Indigo Wolf said...

I'm so glad to see that things are going well so far. Have you picked out any names yet? You don't have to share if you don't want... ;o)
-Carrie Jo

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

O.k., time for another update. =) How are you and the babes doing these days? Has your fatigue worn off at all, or are you still really tired? I hope that you're feeling better, if even just a little bit!

2:39 PM  
Blogger ebony said...

Oh please. I'm pregnant with my 4th child and that's how I knew I was pregnant each time--could never get enough sleep. It lasted the whole 9 months for me, others not so long, who knows. Good luck to you.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Tina said...

Yes please, fill us in on how things are after the scan today. Hope everything is going along well.

Tina

8:13 AM  
Anonymous bridalhome said...

I went through about 3 sizes of maternity clothes, and I only gained 38 lbs. I thought I was being stealthy by not telling anyone until 14 weeks, but apparently not!

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog - you have just been bookmarked. Will let my visitors to my site know all about it.

I have a ebay acitons misspelled auction search site. It pretty much is a search engine that allows you to search eBay for misspelled auctions and allows you to find some great bargains.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
eBay misspelled auctions

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about infertility problem and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about infertility problem so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by infertility problem

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home