Friday, April 01, 2005

what i did last night

I went to the lab for my Day 26 bloodwork yesterday afternoon and was confirming this morning's appointment for my Beta with the lab tech. She suggested that she draw the beta blood yesterday so that I wouldn't have to come in again today and so my poor veins would only have to be poked once. I asked her if the difference between 5:45 pm one day and 9:00 am the next would be significant and she assured me that it wouldn't. And so I let her take the extra blood.

I have to admit, there was something appealing about doing the Beta on any day other than April Fool's.

I still won't get the beta results back until after 6:00 tonight though. Possibly not even until tomorrow morning.

But. . .

I stopped at the pharmacy on the way home and picked up an HPT. And I peed on the stick.

And. . .

I got a second line. It was faint at first, but then got darker.

I was so sure there wouldn't be anything there. But I saw it. Even my husband agreed that that second line couldn't be called "faint".

I am elated.

But I am also terrified. Scared to death that this is just a false positive. That tonight I'll get a phone call that will tear everything I've been hoping for out from under me.

But until then, I am letting myself be excited. A little bit. A very little bit.

8 Comments:

Blogger Galloping Cats said...

Wooohoooo! Excited for you! Looking forward to hearing the blood test results.

4:39 AM  
Anonymous amanda said...

I really think you're past the false positive window. Especially if the line is dark. I think a cautious congratulations are in order. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the official results.

7:38 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

Add another cautious congratulations, and another set of crossed fingers.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

That is great news! Cautious congrats to you!

8:51 AM  
Blogger spiller said...

OH!So very excited!!!Please post the official results ASAP before I lose all circulation to my fingers.
Hang in there and be cautiously happy. And hopefully soon the cautious part can disappear

9:49 PM  
Blogger 3outta5 said...

VERY exciting news!!! Congratulations! In my experience using literally hundreds and hundreds of HPTs, I've NEVER EVER had a false positive. I actually think that a TRUE false positive is VERY uncommon. Rememember, all an HPT can do is say if there is HCG in your blood stream, and it isn't going to say there is, unless there IS! I'll be checking back in and hoping for a nice beta number! Congratulations!!!

9:21 AM  
Anonymous gownforless said...

I think a cautious congratulations are in order. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the official results. I've never ever had a false positive

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about infertility option and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about infertility option so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by infertility option

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home