Saturday, April 09, 2005

weekend update

It looks like I'm still pregnant. Five weeks and 0 days pregnant, to be exact. My second beta came back at 2453 taken exactly a week after the first. I'm told those numbers are good.

I have to say- I don't feel pregnant. Whatever that is supposed to mean. My breasts are a little more tender than usual, but I can still sleep on my stomach and I can take a shower with the water turned out full blast without bursting into tears. And the queasiness is gone. I do have some cramping, which serves the sole purpose of convincing me that the next time I go to the bathroom, my underwear will be covered in blood. Basically, my only "real" symptom is fatigue. I am so tired. More than tired, exahusted really. But I have my doubts as to whether that is because my body is working hard to create new life or because my little puppy picked up a bad habit of waking up to bark every few hours in the middle of the night.

I don't think I'll be convinced of this pregnancy thing until I have my first ultrasound and can see that little critter (critters) in there for myself. Better yet, if I can actually recognize what I am seeing as a future human being and not just a grayish blob.

I'm trying to enjoy this. Really, I am. Just not too much. Don't want to be disappointed later if all doesn't go as planned.

6 Comments:

Anonymous amanda said...

I'm glad beta #2 came back good and strong. I really, really hope things go as planned. I would so hate for you to be disappointed.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Galloping Cats said...

Hey, congrats on the great second beta. Don't worry about symptoms-- it's mostly too early for them. At 6 weeks my breasts were only hurting some of the time. Actually, they didn't start hurting consistently till 9 weeks (a few days ago). Queasiness came and went, too. Basically, I didn't feel pregnant either. Hang in there!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Querida Gringa,
I have been reading your blog since February. I read it starting from the beginning, like when you don’t want to know the ending of a good book ahead of time.
Guess what? You ARE pregnant!!! (Even if you are in a HEALTHY DENIAL). Because if you don’t feel pregnant, you can consider yourself one of the lucky ones. No pregnancy symptoms? No morning sickness? Good for you!
I am very, very happy for you.
FELICIDADES!

12:21 PM  
Anonymous P. said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy - I am so excited for you. I came across your blog somehow and like the previous poster read it from the begining. I can't wait to read the rest of the story and hear the happy ending!

Congratulations again.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

I didn't "feel" pregnant until about 6 weeks or later. I didn't even know I was pregnant until then either.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous promsale said...

I would so hate for you to be disappointed. I read it starting from the beginning, like when you don’t want to know the ending of a good book ahead of time.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home