Sunday, April 03, 2005

and the results are. . .

Of course this had to be the month that the phone bill didn't get paid and so our phone service was shut off this weekend which meant I couldn't post my news.

I HPT-ed again on Friday evening and got another second line.

We called the fertility clinic where my blood had been drawn and found out that my beta results wouldn't be ready until Saturday morning. Originally, I had been told after 6 on Friday, but since this is Mexico, I have to say I wasn't too surprised at the delay.

So I remained cautiously excited, but needless to say did not get much sleep at all on Friday night.

It didn't help any that we were scheduled to go to a 1 year old's birthday party on Saturday and I didn't know how to get out of it should my Beta be negative, given that my husband is the godfather to the child.

We went to the clinic first thing on Saturday morning and I got my little envelope. My HCG was 65. My RE told me that he liked to see numbers greater than 50. And last time I checked 50 was bigger than 65, so I was happy. Very happy. Especially since the blood was drawn a day early.

I am allowing myself to call myself pregnant. At least to my husband and to my mom (called her with the news last night). And I will go back to have more blood drawn tomorrow to make sure my HCG levels are rising as they should.

I have been feeling a little queasy and crampy. I just hope those are good signs.

I guess I'll know more on Wednesday (when I assume tomorrow's results will be ready?). Keep your fingers crossed for me a little while longer please. I so appreciate it.

12 Comments:

Anonymous amanda said...

Congratulations!!! Fingers crossed for some good doubling numbers.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Huge Congrats!! I'm so happy for you!

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is such greeat news!!!! congratulations!!

3:24 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

What great news!

Keeping fingers crossed for doubling numbers!

12:24 PM  
Blogger DeadBug said...

Thrilling news! I am so glad for you.

Hope the next beta number is great, and that you will have smooth sailing from here on in.

--Bugs

7:29 PM  
Blogger spiller said...

Congratulations!Oh I am so happy and excited for you!

But the fingers will remain crossed until you give the word...

8:19 PM  
Blogger Mags said...

Congratulations!! Anxiously waiting to hear you confirm the good news....

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Queasy and crampy GOOD things! Go girl!!

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

SOOOO happy for you!! Keeping my fingers crossed for Wednesday's results. And I agree, in this case feiling queasy and crampy are a great thing. =)

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update??? Inquiring minds want to know. Hope all is well. Have everything crossed for you.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Soper said...

Congrats -- but now we need an update!

3:26 PM  
Anonymous promnow said...

I am so glad for you !! congratulations!!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home