Friday, April 29, 2005

7w6d

On Tuesday afternoon, my husband and I went for our second ultrasound appointment. Our two little beans were still there, hearts all a-flutter. I had been driving my husband crazy since the first ultrasound- convinced that something had gone wrong. Not that I had any real reason for thinking such a thing. I have a feeling I'll be nervous about this pregnancy until the babies are eighteen years old and heading off to college. But I am trying my best to take one day at a time and enjoy it for what it is. Easier said than done.

So, we're slowly outing ourselves as future parents to friends and family. The people who don't know that we did IVF all ask whether twins run in the family and wonder how long we were trying. The folks that know about IVF are thrilled (as we are) that we succeeded on the first try and are getting two for the price of one.

My mother has already picked out sweaters and buntings to knit and quilts to make. (She's handy like that.)

I am starting to feel more pregnant every day. Part of it is the fact that I am both starving and queasy every moment that I am awake and so I am eating through the nausea (at times with more success than others) . I am also exhausted and find no relief no matter how many naps I can squeeze in during an afternoon. My belly is growing, but that is more to do with all the food I am shoveling down my throat trying to nourish the little ones and less to do with the little ones who are right now only about an inch long.

I am convinced they are a boy and a girl. That the boy is the one closer to the top of my uterus, that the girl is the one on her side. Time will tell if I am right.

So everything is fine. So far. I am hoping that the end of trimester one will bring some sense of relief. Only a month to go!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I just found your blog and am always "collecting" other moms of multiples. Do you mind if I add you to my blogroll? Oh, and I have twin girls from IVF. They're almost 1 (oh my god, they're almost ONE!). Sorry, just a short freak out there. Congratulations on your babies~you are in for a wild and wonderful ride.

Linda
http://indigogirl.typepad.com

11:50 PM  
Blogger Indigo Wolf said...

I am so excited for you! Yay!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you!

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You there? Haven't posted in awhile and want to make sure all is well in Gringa world....

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Tina said...

You there? Haven't posted in awhile and want to make sure all is well in Gringa world....

8:15 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

I felt almost instantly better the first week of my 2nd trimester. You are lucky to find out about twins early, we didn't find out until I was 17 weeks.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous promlist said...

I am also exhausted and find no relief no matter how many naps I can squeeze in during an afternoon. I am convinced they are a boy and a girl.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'have just bookmarked you. Great info - will for sure be back

I have an ebay auctions misspelled auction search site. It pretty much is a search engine that allows you to search eBay for misspelled auctions and allows you to find some great bargains. Come and check it out if you have a chance.

eBay misspelled auctions

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great site and i would highly recommend cd duplication online pharmacy . You can get more information on cd duplication online pharmacy at cd duplication online pharmacy

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about cause female infertility and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about cause female infertility so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by cause female infertility

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home