Friday, March 25, 2005

home again

I'm back in Mexico. Got home late last night and am still feeling drained and groggy. What a long, strange trip it's been. And while I really want to write about all of the feelings and emotions and details of my time in New York, I need to save it for another day- when I have slightly more perspective and am feeling a bit more lucid.

But for now, the simple facts. Two embryos were transferred on Tuesday. A 7 cell and an 8 cell. They were both Grade 2 (our docs grade on a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being best and five being worst). The transfer was uneventful in a good way and the RE who did the transfer said that the embryos looked "perfect" and it should all go well.

So why then have I been dreaming almost every night about bleeding? About not being pregnant.

More bad news today- none of our other little embies made it to freeze. So what I've got is what I've got. Not sure where to go from here if this cycle doesn't work. Will have to cross that bridge when I get to it, I guess.

Mostly, I'm glad to be home. My beta is one week from today and so far that wait seems manageable. Though I'm sure I'll be tearing my hair out by Monday afternoon.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Rebekah said...

Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you, and praying that the next week goes by quickly for you. Or at least that you have peace while you wait. I've not had to wait for a beta after IVF, but I've done a TON of waiting for betas the past few weeks, and I know it can be very hard. I truly hope that your two embies are sticky and that everything goes well.

Again, I'm thinking of you and your DH. =)

1:25 PM  
Blogger spiller said...

Welcome home. Get some rest and hang in there. Breathe deep. I hope the wait goes fast.

Thinking of you and sending good energy your way...

4:52 PM  
Blogger Lala said...

Good luck keeping your patience. I hope you get very good news next week. I know you don't know me but I'm reading along, wishing you the best.

8:10 AM  
Blogger DeadBug said...

Hope the wait hasn't been too agonizing. Wishing you the best!

--Bugs

6:27 PM  
Blogger Indigo Wolf said...

Sorry to hear your embiryos didn't make it to freeze. I hope you get a + beta on Monday. Good luck!

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home