Monday, March 21, 2005

bad news, good news

The bad news is that they didn't find any sperm during my husband's surgery on Friday. Not a one. Only germ cells. So that sucks and I'm still in shock. Had convinced myself they'd find something.

The good news is that they retrieved 14 eggs on Saturday. Five were immature, but of the 9 remaining, 8 fertilized. I go in for my embryo transfer tomorrow.

And we finally go home to Mexico on Wednesday. Am definitely looking forward to that.

I promise to write with updates when I'm home and back at my own computer.

Thanks for all the well-wishes you've sent our way. Keep them coming!

9 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

I am so sorry that they didn't find any sperm. That must have been a huge shock.

Huge congrats on the 8 fertilizing though! :) I have everything crossed for them!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about the bad news, but very excited for you about the good news. Good luck and all the best. Many good thoughts just for you.

Shelba

9:36 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

I don't know whether to say I'm sorry or congratulations. I think both are in order. I can't imagine the roller coaster of emotions you're experiencing right now. Good luck with transfer. I've got everything crossed ever so tightly for you.

9:48 AM  
Blogger spiller said...

So sorry about the bad news....but glad about the good!Take care of yourself and your hubby and know that you're in my thoughts 24-7.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Galloping Cats said...

I'm sorry about the bad news and happy about the good... Wishing you an easy transfer, a safe trip home, and a quick two week wait.

11:04 AM  
Blogger DeadBug said...

Not to be too repetitive, but Yay! on the good, Crap! on the bad. Wishing you a smooth journey home and every success.

--Bugs

6:18 PM  
Anonymous B Mare said...

Yes, what Bugs said. Fingers crossing for you all the way.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Indigo Wolf said...

Sorry to hear about the disappointing news, but glad to hear the good news! looking forward to your update! My fingers are crossed for you.
-Carrie Jo

11:37 AM  
Blogger aibee said...

Wishing you all the best for a successful transfer.

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home