Wednesday, March 02, 2005

anti climactic

I called to place the order for our donor sperm last night. Two vials of ICI prepared sperm from the donor of our choice will arrive in New York on Friday morning between 9 am and noon.

I expected to feel something when I made the call, but nothing. Just me reading off the donor number, the American Express number, the zip code. Like ordering a sweater from J. Crew.

I leave tomorrow morning and am holding up surprisingly well considering that my entire future hangs in the balance of the next couple of weeks. Sort of.

Mostly I'm sad and nervous about leaving Otis behind while I'm gone. Am worried that he'll forget about me while I'm away.

Ten bucks says that I won't be able to sleep tonight to save my life.

2 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

Good luck! My fingers are so crossed for you.

6:19 AM  
Blogger spiller said...

Mine are too. Fingers, toes and everything else that's crossable (hair, intestines....).
Don't worry too much about Otis.He'll be okay.And think about how happy he'll be to see you when you get back.
Bon voyage!And I hope you get some sleep on the plane if not in bed- you need your rest!

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home