Monday, February 21, 2005

shooting up

I gave myself my first Lupron shot last night. To be perfectly honest, the anticipation was much worse than the actual shot. The needle is actually quite small and it certainly helps that I numbed the area first with ice. My husband stood by me for moral support, cheering me on from beginning to end and gave me a big hug, a kiss, and a high five when it was all over.

In bed last night he said "So this is the beginning. How are you feeling?" And I told him the truth. That I am scared.

But I have to say, this new little puppy of mine certainly helps me stay distracted. Instead of trying to figure out my due date should this IVF actually work, I worried all day long how he was faring on his first day home alone. He was fine. But leaving him to go to work this morning was much harder than giving myself the shot last night.

I know there will be more shots and bigger needles to look forward to. Whoever made up this protocol was definitely right on with the whole start-with-the-small-needle-and-the-drug-that-requires-no-mixing-idea.

Oh and PS? Last night when Otis woke up in the middle of the night and starting crying (not once, but three times?), my husband got up to reassure him that everything was alright. He's been so great with the puppy, I can't wait until he has the chance to be a dad to some real live humans.

4 Comments:

Anonymous spillergirl said...

You go girl!(and guy.And pug.)

Hip hip hooray!

7:02 PM  
Blogger tammy said...

Hi Gringa,
I found your site through flybabyjj's.
Good luck on your upcoming cycle. I hope it works out for you.
May I ask why you need a sperm donor? My husband and I suffer male factor infertility and we are thinking about using a donor too. We may have some luck with his sperm using IVF/ICSI but, we are considering a donor. I understand what you mean when you say it is a difficult decision. We are in Canada and we have only looked at one list, but, there was not many to choose from. Anyway, good luck with everything. I will keep checking in.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous alex said...

Yeah !! We can be doggy mommies of three months old together.

In spirit of Grrl's mommy drive bys...You are not feeding your dog those terrible raw hide bones are you? You are horrible mother to let that happen.

Just kidding...those raw hides are what we call doggy babbysitters! We have two new ones. Are you going to post pictures?

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about clinic infertility and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about clinic infertility so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by clinic infertility

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home