Saturday, February 19, 2005

i'm a mommy

That's right. To Otis Fitzgerald. A three month old boy pug.

And yes, it was an impulse purchase in the sense that my hubby and I were walking by the pet store and agreed that if they had a pug puppy, we'd buy it.

They did. And so we did.

But we've been wanting a pug for years. Have had his name picked out since the mid-nineties, so that part? Not so impulsive.

A rash decision to adopt a dog a few weeks before we start IVF? Maybe. But I have to say I feel happier and more content than I have in a very long time.

Otis is sweet and smart and oh-so-playful. After being home for only 4 hours or so, he already knows his name, how to do his business on the papers we laid out for him, how to heel on the leash and how to chase the ball (he's still working on the fetching part).

5 Comments:

Blogger spiller said...

Oh congratulations!
I am so happy that you're happy.

6:38 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Congratulations! Pets are the best.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Viva la Pug! A most wonderful little doggie.

I have two myself.

Have fun!

Moogielou
Fractured Fairytale

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! I have wanted a pug for so long! We'd name him Pepe..:D

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm a mama too! I found your blog looking for other mamas and thought I'd let you know of a great live chat site for mamas... Its called Mommy Chats and its owned/operated by a mama just like you! We have weekly chats on a variety of parenting topics and also have a partnership with Mothering Magazine and host all their informative chats with parenting experts! Come check it out!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home