Sunday, January 02, 2005

new year, new you

How I wish that New Year's Resolutions worked a little bit differently. That they didn't take willl-power and perseverance, but could be achieved with hope and faith. That just wanting them to happen would be enough. I wish that resolutions could take any shape or form- not simply the little promises to quit smoking or to eat less chocolate or to go to the gym more or to be a nicer person in general, but that they could be greater aspirations, things that really matter. If I resolve to achieve world peace, for example, it wouldn't mean that I personally had to sit down and come up with a plan for global harmony, but that just wanting it badly enough would result in the ticking off of that box on the old 2005 Resolution list.

You see where I'm going with this.

In 2005:

1. I resolve not to get impatient with my IVF team no matter how long it takes them to return my phone calls and e-mails.

2. I resolve not to complain (too much) about the meds and the injections.

3. I resolve to do my first cycle of IVF in late February/early March.

4. I resolve to have a successful cycle (eventually).

5. I resolve to become pregnant (maybe even with twins).

6. I resolve to have a healthy, happy pregnancy with hopefully very little morning sickness, no excessive weight gain, and no excessive moodiness.

7. I resolve to give birth to a healthy baby (or two)- though if the birth part happens in 2006, I won't complain.

8. I resolve to become a mother (again, this one could happen in 2006 without any bitching from me.)

9. I resolve to keep my eye on the prize when things get really tough and to remember why I'm going through all of this.

10. I resolve to count the blessings I already have even when they seem to be overshadowed by all of the crappy stuff.

May 2005 be the year that your dreams come true, too.
Feliz Ano!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home