Sunday, December 12, 2004

Eureka! I think I've found one!

My extremely lame Saturday night was spent searching donor profiles online. Pathetic? A bit. But I think I found THE guy. He's the same height and weight (approximately) of my husband. He's got the right hair color and eye color. He's smart (BS in Biochemistry with a high GPA), artistic (paints and draws and sculpts and has even been awarded arts scholarships), athletic (ran a marathon recently, lifts weights, scuba dives), was raised abroad and wants to raise his kids abroad- all in all a seemingly well rounded individual with most of the qualities I am looking for. Of course I still need to order his full profile, check out his medical history, personality test, baby photos and SAT scores, but I think I may be in love.

Am I a bad person for wanting the DNA of someone who can do things that neither my husband nor I can do? Namely, play sports and create art and excel at the sciences? How nice would it be to have a child who could do my taxes and bring home soccer trophies and decorate the apartment with his or her sculptures, and maybe find a cure for AIDS? Oh, and not have to wear glasses while doing all of the above? I think not.

Who is this person and why is he donating sperm? That's my only question. Who donates sperm and why? Why hasn't he been snapped up by some eligible lady (or gent) and started making babies of his own to raise (in a foreign country)? To good to be true, I think. But then again, not everyone is looking for what I'm looking for. I only hope he doesn't run out of vials before I get to him or worse that his medical history is abominable and his pysch profile makes him out to be a Jeffrey Dahmer type.

Wish me luck won't you? So far this seems a match made in heaven.

7 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

Congratulations on finding THE guy. I hope it works out. Good luck!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Indigo Wolf said...

Congrats! BTW, it's probably because the guy is too young to settle down. If he's in his 20's, that is certainly understandable. I do know what you mean about what kind of guy would donate, because I've wondered that too. My husband under different circumstances would never have donated. Luckily, there are many guys who will do it because they want to help out a family and they get a nice little compensation for it. I think most guys who do it figure it's a win-win situation so why not? Good, fo you though on finding a potential donor. That's really exciting. -Carrie Jo

10:22 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Great news! I know how hard it is to try and pick a donor, so congrats for coming this far! I hope it all works out.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's very exciting!!

getupgrrl
chezmiscarriage.blogs.com

6:38 PM  
Blogger spiller said...

He sounds like a true winner!
And good luck with the rest of the info- I hope he turns out to be as healthy as a horse and as stable as..uh..Dr. Phil.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Galloping Cats said...

Congrats. I think it kind of sounds like fun to "shop" for a donor! But then I've always thought it might have been fun to "shop" for my husband on JDate or Match. Easy to say when I don't have to do it I guess.

I don't think it's wrong to hope for a kid who can cure cancer, do your taxes and being an olympic athlete... all without wearing glasses! Isn't it what we all (sorta kinda) hope for, even when we're using our own DNA?

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about infertility and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about infertility so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by infertility

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home