Friday, October 29, 2004

start spreading the news. . .

I'm leaving today. . .

To make a brand new start of it.

New York, New York.

First though, I have to get through 4 hours of Halloween craziness at school. Then, pray that there's not too much traffic on the way to the airport. (It's a long weekend here which always means tons of people trying to escape the city).

But my bags are packed and I'm ready to go. I have my accordian file with all my medical records in my bag. My mother-in-law picked up my HSG films from the DC clinic yesterday and fed-exed them to our new RE. It only took her 40 minutes from start to finish (including driving time). So why couldn't the DC clinic be as efficient as my mother-in-law? Apparently Nurse Helpful doesn't have access to Fed-Ex. I think thats a load of crap, but at least she finally faxed 18 pages of our files to the new doc after numerous phone calls, e-mails and groveling by my husband, so we should be in good shape when we have our appointment on Tuesday.

And besides looking forward to meeting our new team, can I also mention that I am totally psyched for bagels and decent chinese food, and true brunch experiences? And shopping and seeing my friends, and being able to converse with strangers in a language where I actually know all the verb tenses? And riding the subway? And walking the streets? And just hanging out? Because I am.

Will hopefully come back feeling just as energized as I am this morning. Will hopefully have some good news to post with regards to getting this baby-making underway.

It's up to you- New York, New York.

7 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Wishing you the very best of luck on your consultation -- I say that sincerely even though I'm pig-jealous of your big city interlude. (I miss dim sum and the subway ferociously.)

Have a great trip!

5:28 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

Good luck and have fun!!! I can't wait to hear all about it.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!

3:05 PM  
Blogger spiller said...

You'd make it anywhere, but I think you'll make it there...yay for New York!

7:38 PM  
Blogger kalisekj said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

3:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about infertility test and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about infertility test so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by infertility test

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about infertility reason and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about infertility reason so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by infertility reason

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home