Friday, October 08, 2004

ready, set . . .

It's official. I'm going to New York. We made the appointment with the male factor infertility RE at Cornell for the beginning of next month. Apparently, he's booked until mid-December, but we were squeezed in. Thank goodness. I'm not sure I'd have the patience to wait until December for our first meeting.

The crazy thing is, as anxious as I am to get this whole thing underway, I'm really just looking forward to being back in New York. I haven't been since February and I miss the city terribly. Most of my friends are still there and I'm crazy excited to see them, go to the Halloween parade in the Village, do some shopping, linger over a long brunch on Sunday.

I'm looking forward to meeting our doctors too, of course. And to get my husband's genetic testing over and done with. I'm hoping the consult will be informative and we'll have a better idea of when we can actually start IVF. When I think back to our first meeting with Dr. Hope in July and his insane promise that we'd be starting IVf in September, I'm amazed that I believed him. We hadn't had a single blood test done then, no HSG, no physical exam for my husband. But now, or at least by the time we meet with the new RE, all of our results will be in his hands. I think that makes for a more realistic prediction of our treatment plan than 2 semenalyses and my ovulation charts- all we had in hand when we met with Dr. Hope.

So, I'm looking forward to the trip. Only a couple of weeks away. Something to get me through the increasingly crazy days at work. I'm ready.

3 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

Yay! That's wonderful that they could squeeze you in. I think it's great that you'll be able to walk in there will all of your tests results and records. That's really important. Hopefully, you'll have a good idea of what's to come when you walk out of there.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! I've been reading your blog for a while now, and when you wrote about coming to NYC, I HAD to post. My DH and I live in Brooklyn (Park Slope) with our 2 year old son and we are in love with the City. And I do mean LOVE. I was wondering, what parade happens in the Village for Halloween? I was just wondering what goes on around here for Halloween (we've lived here less than a year). Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. You can reply here (if you want to at all), or to my e-mail address: rebekahpina@hotmail.com

Thanks so much!
R

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about doctor infertility and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about doctor infertility so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by doctor infertility

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home