Saturday, October 23, 2004

missing

My blood work is lost. My husband lost it. I figure it had to be him since I am oh-so organized and anal and type-A and have every single piece of paper relating to infertility organized in a nifty accordian file.

I first discovered my lab report was missing from the file when my husband came back from his consult with Dr. Blecch in September. Before he left for his trip I specifically told him to have Blecch make copies of our lab reports and to bring the originals home. When he came home- no originals. He left our papers with Blecch. When we discovered that my records were missing from the files, my husband assumed that he had given Blecch my results too. "They must have been all together." Impossible. My filing system has my records in a different section than my husband's.

We called and called and asked Blecch to send the originals to my in-laws. They arrived on Friday- not the originals at all, but fuzzy copies. And fuzzy copies of my husband's hormone levels only. My lab reports were conspicuously absent.

We think (we are praying) that Dr. Hope has copies of all of my bloodwork and that he didn't immediately put them all through the shredder when we broke up with him. And we've asked him to send all of my medical records to the new RE in New York. But we've asked him to do things for us before that didn't happen. Hence the break-up.

The new RE wants/needs my day 3 bloodwork before our consult with him next Tuesday. And as luck would have it, my next cycle begins the day AFTER we meet with him. So if my lab reports are truly missing and Hope doesn't have them (though why wouldn't he, right?) or if he doesn't send them in time(a more likely scenario)- we're that much more behind in getting started.

I'm so frustrated I could scream. I hate losing things. And losing my Day 3 hormone level report right now feels like just about the worst thing ever. Okay, I know there are worse things, but I'm a firm believer in "a place for everything and everything in it's place" and right now I'm having a hard time remembering which doctors have which papers. Too many doctors involved. Too many tests, too many results.

It will all work itself out (I hope) as I plan to harass Hope's receptionist until I am 100% positive that my report is in the new RE's hands. But I only have a week to do it. A very busy week it shall be.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the records turn up. That kind of stuff makes me nuts!

~Brooklyn Girl

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home