Tuesday, October 05, 2004

i love new york

Things are moving along. Smoothly. My husband has his telephone consult with Guru next week, and an ultrasound scheduled here in Mexico on Monday. I've chosen an RE from Guru's team and will hopefully meet with him in early November. So far, I've been pleasantly amazed at how accomodating all the folks at Cornell have been. The difference between our interactions with them vs. the interactions with the team in DC is like night and day. And I really feel like we've made the right choice in switching practices.

I was nervous about it at first. Thought that if we left Dr. Hope, we'd be starting from scratch. But of course that's not true at all. Most of our tests have already been done and we just need to get started. I know that there'sa chance that Guru will want my husband to have a biopsy, but hearing that from him seems very different somehow than hearing it from Dr. Blecch.

Suddenly, I feel like we're in capable hands. Hands that truly understand male factor infertility, hands that will help us achieve our goal of having a baby in a relatively uncomplicated manner. While I really liked Dr. Hope, I just didn't feel like we were a priority for the practice. I think that their expertise just isn't in male factor stuff. And what we need is expertise in male factor stuff. And so I'm feeling hopeful again. Even optimistic.

Of course, I won't know what our timeframe will be, what our protocol will be until my husband has talked with Guru. But based on our communication with him so far, his office so far, I have a hard time believing that he'll disappoint.

5 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

I'm glad to hear things are moving along. Doesn't it feel good to finally be getting somewhere? I really hope that you have even more info to go on after the consult and ultrasound. Good luck!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Glad things are going so well. I'm with an RE at Cornell myself so holler if you need any info.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Glad things are going so well. I'm with an RE at Cornell myself so holler if you need any info.

~Brooklyn Girl

6:56 PM  
Blogger DeadBug said...

Way to go on the new crackerjack docs!

Also just wanted to comment on your previous post as well. First, I applaud you and your husband for being able to put aside such a huge difference and deal with it peacably. A few weeks ago I found out that my brother, who recently became a lawyer, is considering voting for Bush. As a resident of ultra-liberal Oakland, I have had very little face-to-face exposure to anyone on that side of the aisle, and I found that all of my (I hope well-reasoned) arguments flew out of my head completely and I was left with nothing but emotions to argue with. (My bro, with his freshly-honed debating skills, felt very smug and clever, I'm sure.) Sure glad that Kerry was able to do such an outstanding job...

--Bugs

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about infertility thyroid and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about infertility thyroid so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by infertility thyroid

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home