Saturday, October 23, 2004

i can see clearly now

I found out something interesting today.

Guru only does surgery in September, December, March, and June.

So that's the explanation for giving us an IVF start date in March. Six months away is still six months away, but I feel immensely relieved upon getting this new information. It means that Guru wasn't just picking a month at random (unlike my former RE). It means that we will really start meds in February and go for the gold in March barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Of course, I'm hoping that there's a way to fit us in in December. I've already figured out that my next cycle will start the day after we meet with him. And so, if I could only start BCPs right away and then my meds, I figure I'd be ready to go by mid-December or late December. I know it's far-fetched of course. And don't worry, I'm not banking on it. I'm sure Guru is already all booked up for his December surgeries. But how amazing would it be if it did happen? The best Christmas present ever!

But March is good too. March is great. And I figure if I've been patient this long, I can wait a little while longer. Really, I can.

So now all I have to do is locate those missing files so that the new RE can see that my ovarian reserve is in tip-top shape. That I'm raring to go. And maybe one of Guru's patients could do me a huge favor and cancel his sperm retrieval surgery, the one scheduled for mid to late September? I know it's a lot to ask, but hey, anything can happen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Monique said...

Crossing my fingers for you!!!

That most certainly would be the best Christmas present ever.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about also directory infertility link linkpartners.com please suggest and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about also directory infertility link linkpartners.com please suggest so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by also directory infertility link linkpartners.com please suggest

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home