Monday, October 11, 2004

the beginning of the end

My husband's phone consult with Guru is on Thursday and Dr. Blecch has yet to send us the originals (and our only copies) of our bloodwork results. My husband mistakenly gave them to Blecch at that consult before he realized that there was no way in hell that we would continue seeing him as our urologist. We've called the office numerous times to request that they send the originals back to us. Mostly, we get the voicemail. A week ago, my husband was lucky enough to talk to a receptionist who promised that she would check to see if our records had been mailed and if not would put them in the mail immediately. They still haven't arrived.

If we were depending on the Mexican postal service, I would completely understand this. But we asked Blecch to send the lab reports to my in-laws who live about 20 minutes away from his office. Surely, if the receptionist had really done what she said she was going to do our papers would have arrived quite a while ago.

So tonight I sent an e-mail off to Nurse Helpful in the hopes that she will fax a copy of the results to Guru in time for my husband's consult. It was a tricky e-mail to write. We still haven't confessed to Hope and Helpful that we are leaving them for someone else and so I had to sort of stretch the truth and say that we were seeking a second opinion. I told her we had tried to get in touch with Blecch but had failed miserably and would she be oh-so-kind as to fax off our bloodwork to Guru.

Sooner or later, we're going to have to come clean. We'll have to let Hope and Helpful know that as much as we love them, we can't stand their little urologist associate and are walking out of the relationship. But we want to actually talk to Guru first. Want to make sure he's waiting in the wings for us. Can't break up with Hope and then be left with nothing. Though I'm worried that my e-mail wasn't subtle enough and they'll know. "We like you, but we feel it's time to see other doctors." "It's not you, it's us." "We still want to be friends." No matter what lines you use, it doesn't make it any easier. And I know that stringing them along will probably only make matters worse. Breaking up is hard to do, especially long distance.

Did I mention my husband had his doppler color ultrasound this evening? He did. We'll get the films and lab report on Wednesday. I wasn't in the exam room with him, but I got to hear about the image of his varicocele. Bright red and blue on the screen. At least we'll have that test result in hand in time for the consult, even if Helpful and Blecch don't come through for us with our hormone levels.

4 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

Trying to get records sucks. I hope they get their act together and fax them over to Dr. Guru in time. I hope your phone consult goes well on Thursday. Can't wait to hear what Dr. Guru has to say.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Good luck getting your records back. What a pain! I'm really hopeful for you both, it sounds like you have some great plans in place. Best of luck!

10:10 AM  
Blogger spiller said...

Don't worry about Hope and Helpful...they'll be fine. If it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about cause infertility male and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about cause infertility male so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by cause infertility male

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home