Sunday, September 05, 2004

the wonder of weekends

I'd forgotten how much I like weekends. Easy enough to do when one day melts into another, the only thing distinguishing a Thursday say, from a Saturday, being the fact that my husband is home with me. But now that I am working again (and granted only three days into it), I remember the wonder of the weekend. Two full days of total relaxation, sleeping late, the luxury of spending the day in your pajamas, reading the paper, going to a matinee, running errands, . Definitely something that's better appreciated when viewed in contrast to waking up early, spending the day in an office, trying to get a decent dinner on the table when you get home, feeling too exhausted at the end of the day to do much more than watch a video.

But the flip side of course is Sunday evening. In forgetting the luxury of weekends, I'd also forgotten the Sunday evening panic, the wish that you had just one more day to play at home, to recuperate from last week. And since I'm in Mexico, no Labor Day off for me tomorrow. Though I do have Mexican Independence Day coming up in two weeks. Four luxurious days to spend as I wish. Too bad my husband will be in the States meeting with the urologist, while I'm here alone watching reruns of Friends on dvd.

I'm still too newly employed to really dread going to work tomorrow morning. My husband and I went to Office Max yesterday and stocked up on some new supplies for my office, supplies that I requested from the principal, but probably won't actually receive for another couple of weeks. So I'm a little bit excited to bring in my new loot and make my office feel a little bit more like a workplace, as opposed to the Lost and Found closet it was before I moved in.

It's still relatively early as I write. My husband and I are going to see a movie this afternoon, run to the grocery store to stock up on food for the week, take a walk around the park. I've got almost a full day ahead of me before the Sunday evening panic sets in.


2 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

I'm glad you're having a good weekend. I think it's good that you and your husband decided to go ahead with the consult this month. Having time to discuss things between that appointment and his biopsy will definitley be a good thing. Enjoy your Sunday evening.

11:58 AM  
Blogger spiller said...

Weekends are wonderful, aren't they?Savor yours...and enjoy the office supplies!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home