Tuesday, September 14, 2004

sick and tired

I'm sick. My immunity to little kids germs is zero and unfortunately there are little kids germs running rampant at The School. And so I'm sniffling and achey and tired and feeling quite miserable and yet I have to go to work because we only get 5 sick days a year and I'm trying to save mine up for when I really need them- hopefully for a trip back to the States someday in the not so far future to get on with IVF.

Luckily, I have Thursday and Friday off this week and will spend those days trying to recover from this bug while I sit by the phone anxiously awaiting news from my husband who will be in DC meeting with the new urologist and our financial coordinator.

I've been so busy at work the last couple of days that I haven't had time to obsess about the upcoming visit to the uro. This is a good thing. Two weeks ago I would have spent every waking minute online reading and rereading articles about NOA, testicular biopsy, success rates, etc. But I come home from work so exhausted each day that its all I can do to reply to my e-mail, check-up on my favorite blogs and try to craft an entry of my own that makes some sort of sense. I think I'm failing miserably at the last item on that list, but hey, at least I'm trying.

Tonight though my husband and I will put together a list of all the questions we have for the urologist. I want to make sure we cover all of the bases, that we're absolutely sure of our next steps and are comfortable with them. I know that we're bound to have more questions after the consult, but hopefully my husband can go in with enough information of his own that we're not completely clueless as to what's supposed to happen.

At the spa this weekend, I had a shiatsu massage. My first. I've had massages before, but not like this. I was amazed at how many knots she found in my shoulders and how thoroughly she was able to make them disappear. I'm even more amazed that they're already back, that I can't be un-stressed for more than 3 days at a time. Make that 3 hours. The masseuse told me that those knots were due to high emotions about something. No kidding I wanted to say. I've got high emotions about a lot of things. But I didn't know how to say it in Spanish and so I just sighed and let her keep doing her thing.

I think I may go for another massage this weekend at a place closer to home. Regardless of how the consult goes on Friday, I think I'll need it.

3 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're sick. I worked with kids while my husband was in law school. I think I was sick the entire 3 years. I hope you feel better soon.

That massage sounds awesome. I carry my stress in my shoulders, too. So far I haven't sprung for a professional massage, though. I just guilt my hubby into giving me one every now and then.

Good luck on Friday!

3:30 PM  
Blogger spiller said...

Take care of yourself, my dear!Lots of fluids and sleep.

And definitely get that massage.It's so much easier to surf the emotional waves when you can be physically relaxed.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about infertility unexplained and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about infertility unexplained so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by infertility unexplained

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home