Thursday, September 23, 2004

all signs point to yes

Mu husband and I wrote to Dr. Guru again last night and requested a telephone consult. My husband will be in New York in November and we asked if he could set up an appointment fo a face-to-face meeting (and to have his karyotype and Y chromosome microdeletion testing done) while he's there. Sure enough, we had a response this morning- Dr. Guru's receptionist is supposed to get in touch with us to set up both the consult and the office visit.

I continue to be amazed at how quickly Dr. Guru responds to us. And how he actually addresses our questions and concerns in his responses.

We still have formally cut our ties with the DC fertility clinic. We want to wait to actually talk to Guru before we say goodbye to Dr. Hope, want to make sure that we're making the absolutely best decision for our situation.

But so far, it feels good. I am a million times less frustrated with our first contacts with Dr. Guru than I was when we first tried getting in touch with the DC clinic. So, there's a 99.6% chance we'll officially make the switch. It just feels right.


Blogger amanda said...

All I have to say is YAY!

4:26 PM  
Blogger spiller said...

Goodbye Dr. Hope(less) and hello, Dr. Guru!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

The new doc sounds great! Very promising.

I've been catching up on your blog since you commented on my blog. It is so helpful to read about others dealing with azoospermia. I wish you the best of luck!

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about infertility site and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about infertility site so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by infertility site

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home