Monday, July 19, 2004

testing

This morning, while my friend toured Mexico City on a big red double decker bus , I had the pleasure of getting my blood work done. On Friday, Nurse Helpful told me that day 4 bloodwork would do in a pinch. And so first thing this morning I headed over to Centro de Fertilidad to get myself stuck with a needle.

Happily, there was only one needle and only one vial of blood. The lab tech found my vein with no unnecessary poking or prodding. I get the results back tomorrow afternoon and am keeping my fingers crossed that all my hormone levels are in the normal range. And I hope too, that the 2 1/2 bottles of wine that we polished off during dinner last night don't screw with the results. I can just see Dr. Hope telling me next week that my hormones are all just fine, but my blood alcohol level is through the roof and the clinic's protocol is to turn alcoholic patients away- a lush like me doesn't deserve to be a parent.

2 Comments:

Blogger Monique said...

But they say that these days wine is good for you.

And all that wine aside, people will see nothing but good in the fact that you were able to get up and go in to get your bloodwork done!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Steve Westphal said...

I like your blog. You should go visit drug rehab news and contribute some news or info about drug and alcohol rehabilitation
.

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home