Thursday, July 15, 2004

do it yourself

I am waiting for my new bookshelf to arrive. The guy who's making it said he'd bring it to the apartment at 11:00 today. It's 10:45 and I should know by now that this is Mexico and there's more than a good chance that the new bookshelf won't come at 11:00 or even today. Or even this week. Especially since I ordered it from a guy on the street, paid 100 pesos as a deposit, but didn't get any sort of receipt. But I'm holding out hope.

I designed the thing myself. A long low, two-shelfer for the bedroom. And I'm planning to paint it if it ever arrives. The paint and brushes are ready and waiting; the newspaper is already spread on the floor; every single window in the place is wide-open so I don't asphyxiate on the paint fumes. I'm ready. Already dressed in a grungy grey t-shirt and a pair of old shorts I'd forgotten I'd had.

So, the thing better come. And soon. I have a two-tone color scheme in mind and the coats will need to dry and did I mention I want to have the entire project finished by tonight so that I can put the new bookshelf in my bedroom tomorrow morning and fill it with all of the books laying in piles around the apartment before our weekend guest arrives tomorrow afternoon?

Yeah, I know, I'm ambitious. And more than a little naive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monique said...

Can I assume that the shelf arrived? You are busy painting away?

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home